This time it did not go as well. Even though that first dresser had three coats of paint on it all came off easy. This green dresser had a layer of primer underneath which made it a little harder. Putting on a layer of stripper took off the green no problem, it was the primer that was giving me trouble. After the green was off I kept trying to put on stripper to get the primer off but it wouldn't bubble up. I was doing a combo of scraping and sanding to get it off. Of course, now that I think about it, why was I so intent on getting the primer off when I was just going to put more back on? I think I'm a little OCD.
Anyway, I finally figured out that after the paint was off I could just put the stripper on the primer, let it sit a little, then kinda swirl it around with the brush and then wipe it off with a wet cloth. I was almost done when I found this "technique".
I love these keyholes! Has anyone had any luck trying to lock and unlock these with a bobbypin or something?
Painting around the keyhole presented a problem since I use a paint sprayer, so I covered it with tape while painting. However some paint came off when I took off the tape. I had to sand it a bit then paint with a modified makeup brush. I really need to buy some small brushes!
The dresser also came with a mirror that had not been painted green (whew!). Although, one side of the mirror frame had broken off at the bottom so I hacked off the other side so it would be even. I picked up some antique brass pulls to match the keyhole.
The "oops" can of paint that I picked up for this said the colour was "pale yellow" but it's more of a creamy white. I think it's perfect for this piece. I love this dresser, it turned out so pretty!
Because I like to party;